Motorola Mobility took the wraps off a new Android smartphone featuring Intel Inside at a press conference in London on Tuesday. “Motorola RAZR i with Intel Inside naturally blends together the value propositions of high performance Intel architecture and great battery life, Motorola Mobility device innovation and the Android platform,” stated Erik Reid, the general manager of Intel’s mobile and communications group.
Destined for initial deployment in selected European and Latin American markets beginning in October, the RAZR i smartphone incorporates a 2.0-gigahertz Intel Atom processor capable of extending battery life by up to 40 percent in comparison with Apple’s iPhone 4S, according to Google’s Motorola Mobility business division.
The power of having Intel Inside means that users will receive an instant-launch 8-megapixel camera that doubles as an HD camcorder featuring full 1080p resolution. According to Juli Burda, a spokeswoman for Motorola Mobility, the mobile device’s high-resolution rear-facing camera also can load in less than a second.
“Just use the dedicated camera key so you get the shot you want,” Burda wrote in a blog.
When there is action involved, a multi-shot mode enables users to snap 10 photos in less than a second, Burda said.
“And with the illuminated sensor located on the back and high dynamic range capabilities, you will get a great shot, even in challenging lighting conditions,” Burda said.
Another advantage of having Intel Inside is that Web pages load blazingly fast, stated Motorola Mobility Senior Vice President Jim Wicks. “RAZR i delivers just that when you put an Intel-fast processor in a beautifully designed phone,” Wicks stated Tuesday.
Designed with Protective Materials
Sporting a thickness of just one-third of an inch and measuring 4.82×2.4 inches, the new RAZR i smartphone is slated to ship with Android 4.0, also known as Ice Cream Sandwich. It also will be upgradable to the next Android version…
source : www.newsfactor.com
- Android dominates tablet market as the iPad stumbles in Q3
- Google will show your Google+ pic to Android callers starting early next year
- Mixcloud’s new Android app could help dance music fans rediscover radio
- Google Puts Android on a Diet, Seeks Next Billion Users
- Twitter streams flooded with media in wake of latest iOS, Android and web update
- HTC reportedly working on Android smartwatch for next year
- Netflix will experiment with DVD-style extras for originals, Android app gets UI tweaks
- Jolla’s Sailfish Mobile OS Now Compatible with Android
- BlackBerry’s ideal bet: iOS and Android?
- Acer Hits Reset to Woo Android and Chrome OS
Submited at Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 at 4:00 pm on tech by madison
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback