‘I’m all right. Mild concussion and whiplash,’ states Gilbert about her injury.By Gil Kaufman
Melissa Gilbert and partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy on “Dancing With The Stars”Photo: ABC
“Dancing With the Stars” has a long history of sending its competitors to the hospital with a variety of hoofing-related injuries. But on Monday night’s episode, former “Little House on the Prairie” star Melissa Gilbert appeared to suffer one of the worst two-stepping mishaps in show history.
While the judges were high on her bad-girl take on the paso doble, the real news was that Gilbert, 47, slipped at one point and though the audience did not notice, she suffered a head injury that required hospitalization. Host Tom Bergeron announced the news on the show, but did not give much detail.
“If you are wondering why Melissa and [dancing partner] Maks are not here, she injured herself and as a precaution has gone to the hospital to get it checked out,” Bergeron stated on the show, promising a full update on Tuesday night’s results show.Gilbert hit her Twitter account shortly after to explain her absence, writing, “I’m alright. Mild concussion and whiplash. Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of.”
I’m alright. Mild concussion and whiplash. Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of.
— Melissa Gilbert (@MelissaEGilbert) April 10, 2012
According to Us Weekly, some of Gilbert’s competitors spoke about the scary moment after the show.
“She hit her head during her dance, and then after she felt a tiny dizzy so they took her to the hospital just to get checked out and make sure she was okay,” explained Sherri Shepherd. “I think she will be all right, though.” Gavin DeGraw stated he carried Gilbert down to the green room because the TV actress was “too weak to walk,” adding, “my arms were tired by the time I started the dance after carrying her!”
source : www.mtv.com
- What Jeff Bezos Can Teach You About Customer Service
- Sprint receives SoftBank waiver to think about Dish offer
- Broadcasters worry about ‘Zero TV’ homes
- Read all about it: Pope has not cancelled Christmas
- RIM shares rally as optimism about new devices grows
- After iPhone 5 Launch, It’s All About the Apps
- News Summary: Korean court blocks name requirement
- Christopher Nolan Was ‘Nervous’ About Including Catwoman In ‘Dark Knight Rises’
- The Situation Opens Up About Rehab, Snooki And Sobriety
- How About a Smart Doorknob? Researchers Have a Touch Interface
Submited at Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 at 11:00 am on music by sofia
Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback